What Matters: Defining Values for the 21st Century
We are, without doubt, at a turning point of our civilization: if we continue to exploit our earth, the whole system will soon collapse. It is therefore crucial that we change our behavior and our awareness and focus on WHAT MATTERS: new values that help us create a healthy environment and peace and happiness for all.
Follow by Email
Monday, 4 June 2012
Please speak out for the Environment and Democracy today by joining the BLACKOUT SPEAKOUT Campaign!
This is the section where you can post all additional material that you would like to share because it is relevant for - or somehow related to - your conference topic. What you can post here includes - but is not limited to - the following:
- your research paper
- links to existing research
- comments, questions, reflections
- journal entries
- video clips
- art works
- creative writing
- background information
- other interesting links
I hope you will make use of the opportunity to share more about what matters to you with the rest of us!
Please enjoy posting - and reading what other people have posted here!
Thanks in advance for your contributions and for your cooperation!
Please post the following information as a comment here:
1) your full name
2) the exact title (and, if you wish, subtitle) of your presentation
3) a brief abstract
Length of abstracts: 2 sentences to 1 page.
If you have more to share about your topic than just the 3 to 5 minutes of your talk and the short abstract, please feel free to post additional material in the "Conference Material" section! If you know already that you will make use of this option, please mention it at the end of your abstract so that people can find your additional material more easily.
1) EDUCATION - including Role of Creativity & Critical, Independent Thinking
2) ARTS - including Literature, Music, Arts, Dance, Film Studies, etc
3) PHILOSOPHY & SPIRITUALITY - including Yoga, Meditation, Martial Arts
4) HEALTH - including Alternative Healing, Fitness, Sports, Nutrition
5) SCIENCES - including Innovative Technologies, Discoveries, Theories
6) SOCIAL SCIENCES - including Interpersonal & Global Relations
7) PRACTICAL ACTIVISM - including Greener Environment & Global Peace
Dr. Cecil Abrahams, Campus Provost, FDU Vancouver
FDU Students, Staff, Faculty & Guests
Group Presentations Encouraged!
Length of Presentations: 3 to 5 minutes
If you would like to give a presentation at the conference, please submit your name, the title of your talk & a brief abstract (about 2 sentences to 1 page) by March 9th, 2012 to this blog as a comment under "conference abstracts"!
If you need help with your abstract or if you would like to discuss your topic, please get in touch with either Dr. Kiran Toor or me.